Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Buy, Pass, Wait DX: adidas Yeezy 950 Boot

Hello and welcome to an emergency edition of Buy, Pass, Wait, America’s favorite running sneaker segment where the Kicks on Fire staff share their thoughts on the weekend’s upcoming releases. With Kanye fans (and stans) and fashionistas all around the world eagerly awaiting the release of the adidas Yeezy Season 1 Collection, we wanted to gather our staff (well, the ones who aren’t on vacation) together to talk about the item in Season 1 that is the most on our minds, the adidas Yeezy 350 Boost “Tan” 950 Boot.

adidas adidas adidas adidas

With an exorbitant $585 price tag (I personally can’t wait to see what the price is in the Philippines with the dreaded VAT), one would think that the 950 Boot is just a little too high for most people. But judging from the excitement online and among people in the know, the 950 might not sell out in seconds, but it won’t be long for retail shelves in certain areas. It makes sense to a certain extent; we do live in a society that will throw down big money for big ticket statement pieces like Apple Watches and PhunkeeDucks on a regular basis. When compared to those items, the Yeezy 950 sounds downright reasonable. When compared to say, 90% of the kicks are readers are interested about, it’s borderline insanity.

So where does the KoF staff fall in the great 950 debate? Let’s find out…

Juan Martinez, Editor-In-Chief: (PASS) So if you’ve read the 950 hub page on the site you’ll know my feelings on the shoe. Weather has at times played an integral role in the kicks that I’ve bought in my lifetime, so the opportunity to buy a pair of duck boots has never presented themselves. It’s not going to start now and certainly not at that price. Remove the Yeezy name from the equation and all you’ve got is a decent-looking, but way overpriced, pair of boots.

Juan’s feelings on the 950 expressed through a Kanye GIF:

Kanye 950 GIFs 1

Anthony Racaniello, Director of Operations: (BUY) If I get the chance I will purchase the 950. I like boots, duck boots in particular. So far I also have every other adidas Yeezy which makes them desirable to my chronic OCD as well. Besides, Ive always been curious what its like to be six foot and that sole will get me awful close.

RAC’s feelings on the 950 expressed through a Kanye GIF:

Kanye 950 GIFs 2

Renz Ofiaza, News: (PASS) Just because it’s from Kanye’s collection, doesn’t mean it has to be purchased. I get the hype and resale value. But I feel there’s other designer labels or the more renowned outdoor labels that offer a better pair of boots. I’m not that much of a fan for the style itself anyway, but I do appreciate the colorways offered.

Renz’s feelings on the 950 expressed through a Kanye GIF:

Kanye 950 GIFs 3

Marquella Allen, Overachieving for the News Team:

BUY (maybe): Yeezy 950 Chocolate
I think it would be easier to get my hands on this colorway just because it wouldn’t be everyone’s first pick. Brown tones are often overlooked, and with all this surrounding hype, I’ve got to play my cards right. That being said…

WAIT: Yeezy 950 Pirate Black
These are what I’d assume everyone would go for first. I don’t want to be without a pair, so I’d place my first choice elsewhere even though these would be ideal.

PASS: Yeezy 950 Moon Rock
Off-white, white, doesn’t matter. It makes me feel like I’d be wearing these strange snow boots that are just waiting to get messed up. And if I’m spending big bills on these, I know I’d lose my mind over a single scuff. (But honestly I’d pass on all of them because I think this is the weirdest boot ever but don’t want to admit that out loud since everyone seems to love the hype).

Kel’s feelings on the 950 expressed through a Kanye GIF:

Kanye 950 GIFs 4

What are your thoughts on the adidas Yeezy 950 Boot? Vote here:

The post Buy, Pass, Wait DX: adidas Yeezy 950 Boot appeared first on KicksOnFire.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment