Thursday, June 25, 2015

Find Out Exactly Why Jimmy Butler Ditched adidas To Sign With Jordan Brand

Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Took Less Money to Play in Air Jordans

Last month we gave you the news that Chicago Bulls All-Star forward Jimmy Butler had taken a 75% pay cut to leave adidas and sign with Jordan Brand. Now thanks to a recent interview with GQ magazine Jimmy Buckets has given his reasoning behind why he left the Three Stripes.

Is it true that you took significantly less money to be on Team Jordan? What led to that decision?

I’ve always been a fan of Mike and his game. What he did for the game of basketball as a whole, and what he did off the court for it too, whether it was with Hanes or his shoe brand. But I’ve always been a fan of the tennis shoe. So when I got an opportunity to switch from Adidas to Jordan, I just thought it was the right choice, because I’ve never had problems with my feet. I’m not bashing Adidas at all, but I got turf toe one year and rolled my ankles a few times. That’s never happened, whenever I was at Marquette with Jordan or before that, with Nike. So I thought maybe I should go back to that shoe. And then Jordan picked me up.

It’s not about the money. I do it because I love the game, for one. I think Mike takes care of his players. He’s always saying how this is a Jordan family. Everybody’s so cool to hang around, and you get a lot of respect, within that Jordan brand, to each and every individual, because you’re significantly really good at your particular sport. So, I think it was an easy choice, moving on to Jordan.

Did any of your Adidas-wearing teammates [like Derrick Rose] try to convince you to stay on Adidas?

No. No. You can’t convince me, once my mind’s made up. They already knew. I was probably telling them halfway through the season, whenever it is, “When this year’s over, y’all can count on not seeing me in Adidas. I’m gonna be straight Jordan-ed out.” Now I’m never wanting to leave Brand Jordan.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Jimmy left adidas because the shoes gave his feet problems and because he has lots of respect and admiration for Michael Jordan and the Jordan Brand.

Would you take such a significant pay cut to switch from one sneaker brand to another just because the shoe look better? Keep in mind you’ll be able to buy those shoes with the money you get from your endorsement deal that pays you more. Let us know your thoughts down below.

via: GQ


 

Download the Kicks On Fire app (iOS) (Android) (Windows) and stay up to date on all the news and release dates you need to know.

Subscribe to the Kicks On Fire YouTube Channel

The post Find Out Exactly Why Jimmy Butler Ditched adidas To Sign With Jordan Brand appeared first on KicksOnFire.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment